The Sparta Community Foundation, a regional affiliate of Grand Rapids Community Foundation, evaluates local needs and opportunities and looks to fund projects that address the areas of art & culture, community development, education, environment, health, or social needs and that:
- represent an innovative, start-up effort or are capital in nature (e.g., construction, renovation, equipment)
- promote cooperation among agencies without duplicating services
- obtain the necessary additional funding to implement and maintain the project
- are located in Sparta and its surrounding areas
- strengthen or improve agency self-sufficiency or efficiency
- yield substantial community benefits for the resources invested
- serve a broad segment of the community
- encourage additional and permanent funding or matching gifts from other donors
- are managed by nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status
The Sparta Community Foundation also has a Youth Advisory Committee that advises grantmaking to organizations working to benefit youth in Sparta.
For more information, please contact William Dani, Grant Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
The Foundation considers grant applications once/year. After reviewing our grantmaking guidelines, grant applications can be completed online beginning in early July and are due the second Friday in September. Decisions will be announced by October 31.
For technical assistance with the online grant application, call (616)454-1751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- William P. Dani, Chair
- Mary Jean Herwaldt
- Linda Bradford-Anderson
- Lee A. Braford
- Norma J. Chapman
- Richard Kleinfeld
- Toni Potes
- Sharon DeLange
- Elias Lumpkins
- Julie Anderson
All gifts to the Sparta Community Foundation are tax deductible and help people in the Sparta area.
- Lily's Frog Pad, Inc. - $2,000 for Thunderwood Boardwalk
- North Kent Community Services - $4,800 to become an accessible facility
- Sparta Area Schools - $10,000 for "Book Mobile"
- Village of Sparta - $2,900 for the Sparta Historic Commission Copier
- Village of Sparta - $2,500 for the Arts Organization Restart in Sparta